A new year is closing fast and a new one is about to begin.
What did you accomplish in your business this year? What did you not? How do you want the coming year to be better?
Rather than making the typical New Year's Resolutions (which I don't recommend, as stated in my blog here), below are a few ideas–and a special offering–for ending the year on a positive note and starting the year off with the right attitude and resources to truly make this next year a breakout year.
1. Take some quiet time to reflect on the closing year and write down 100 successes. That's right–a hundred! Not 50, not 75, not 99–100!
A tall order for some of you, but if you really think about it and give yourself some credit, you'll come up with 100. They don't have to be big–it could be as simple as "I got my business license," "I got my first paying client," "I helped a client _________ (goal)," "I worked with __ clients" (count one success for each client), I got 20 subscribers to my newsletter/facebook fan page," or "I increased my list by 200 people," "I created a facebook fan page," "I got 5 testimonials" (that would count as 5). You get the idea. Put the list somewhere you can review it when you have a challenging period in your business (yes, they will always come–you just get better at moving through them and finding the gifts in them).
2. Reflect on what didn't happen or where things didn't go as planned. Ask yourself what gift was in them? Did you learn something? Did you move in a direction that still got you further along? Is there a way to use that information in planning the coming year? Sometimes our mistakes and "failures" are our greatest blessings.
3. Write down on a piece of paper anything you want to let go of (negative feelings, unwanted patterns/habits, limiting beliefs, unhealthy relationships, etc.). Bring a metal bowl and a lighter outside (away from the house and brush) and burn the list in the bowl. Once it's nothing but ash (and no longer glowing), scatter the ashes in the soil and ask the Universe to convert the energy of those old things into positive energy to take into the upcoming year.
4. Get support and accountability from a coach to help move you forward beyond your past limitations. Most New Year's resolutions don't survive past Valentine's Day. Knowing the right things to do in the right order, getting expert guidance in your implementation, having a cheerleader, and paying someone to hold you accountable and assist you to break through the blocks that keep you stuck or retreating is the best Christmas gift you could give yourself this year.
If you see the value (and necessity) of that, I have two ways below to choose from to provide that for you:
1. Schedule a complimentary MMM Strategy Session with me to identify your blocks and most urgent needs–and apply IMMEDIATE steps to take so you can get more clients and make a difference in more lives!
2. If you are in the Virginia Beach area, attend my 3rd annual "Marketing & Goal Planning LOCKDOWN!" where you'll be locked in a room with me and other serious business owners to learn, strategize, collaborate, brainstorm, get support & tools, and plan & commit action steps and dates to your calendar for the quarter and the year. Nothing else will set up your year for success like this 4 hours will! I guarantee it. Click this link for the full details and be one of only 10 I'll enroll for this class. (Early bird special for limited time)
Your partner in success,
Marketing, Mindset & Manifesting Coach