Are You Ass-u-me-ing With Your Target Market? (Marketing Help)
One of the #1 mistakes businesses make is assuming they know what their target market wants, and creating marketing copy, promotions, products & services based off of those assumptions.
Why is this a mistake? Well, you know the old adage: "When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me." Are you doing this with your clients and your business?
Creating your business offerings and marketing copy based on what you THINK your target market wants or needs versus what you KNOW they want is a recipe for failure.
Early on in my business, I created offerings "in a vacuum," meaning I created them based solely on my own ideas or beliefs of what seemd like a good idea to offer, or something I thought I could pull off and that people would be interested in. I also hear my private business coaching clients say to me often, "I hope I can get a good response to this."
It's sort of like throwing a party and hoping people will come.
What I've learned (through my own experience of failed attempts as well as the sage advice of my coaches) is that you don't have to be so concerned about that fear if you KNOW that your target audience is chomping at the bit for something.
And how do you KNOW (vs. assume) what they desperately want? Simple: YOU ASK THEM.
You must get out of your own head and into your ideal clients' heads. Once you understand fully what they most want RIGHT NOW, you can speak their language in all your promotional material to draw them in to your offerings, then show them that you understand their pains and have a solution for them.
Here are some ways to do this research:
1. Determine their top 10, 5, 3 needs & wants, pains & challenges (listen to my explanation of this on my free audio, "The 3 Keys You MUST Master…" which you can ask to receive in the fill-in form on the right). ==========================================>
2. Poll them in your blog or newsletter (be very specific and targeting with this, and do it in spurts so it's not overwhelming to them, and so you can gauge changes in needs/wants over time).
3. Ask directed questions of them on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
4. Talk to current and past clients
5. Find people you know in your area who fit your ideal client/target market profile (maybe from your networking groups) and offer to take them to lunch/coffee to "pick their brain" about what people in their situation could really use help with.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEK:
1. Come up with a list of questions you can ask your market to determine what they have an urgent and immediate need to have or solve.
2. Utilize one or more of the strategies above to get the answers
3. Come up with something really relevant and "juicy" to offer them to solve their problem or help them get what they want
Do you need help finding out what your ideal clients want so you can effectively market to them, create offerings that SELL, and make a difference in more lives? Schedule a complimentary MMM Strategy Session with me to identify IMMEDIATE steps to take to create massive success in your business.
Your partner in success,
Marketing, Mindset & Manifesting Coach